I'm not really in the mood to blog these days. I think this is due to age-I have mellowed down and do not feel as angsty as in the past. Still, it was nice to take out the journal that I had handwritten 5 years ago and savour the memories of my first Malacca trip.
I was quite impressed when i watched Chen Liping wax lyrical about satay "steamboat" on her show recently. Little did I know that I had actually tried Capitol Satay half a decade back. I actually forgot about this experience! Whoever said about how memories die hard needs to have his logic examined. haha.
I was very happy to return to Jonker's Dessert. That chendol really stood out after all these years. It was like meeting an old acquaintance again--you aren't exactly close to him but you are sure as hell happy to see him again. And I patronised that stall--all 3 days of my stay.:)
5 years ago, a travel companion asked us this question, "how do you see yourself 10 years from now?". I think my response was, "I'm not exactly sure but I definitely know I would be well-travelled."
Sigh, am I getting there or not? I'm not exactly sure. In any case, this Malacca trip yielded good returns in terms of shopping! I didn't expect Jonker's Street to be this happening. Didn't expect Melaka Megamall to be up and running. Bought SEVERAL tees, a pair of FUNKY jeans, a pair of WORKING shoes, a cap, two comic books, some snacks. Considering that I only buy collared shirts and forgo jeans, Kai Le was a happy man over there.:P
Being the facilitator that I was, I asked my current travel companions, "so, what was the most memorable thing that you have done in 2008 so far?". It's only september, so it's kinda tragic how I feel compelled to take stock of my life already.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home