Thursday, July 27, 2006

The Straits Times expressed interest in publishing my photo and write-up. But it pulled out.

darn, lost my five mins of fame. haha

though i don't know how i would cope if a Straits Times photographer were to actually come to my work desk and take more photos.

feel a bit unfulfilled?
missed a chance to say thanks to CBSS staff and students alike.

well, there's always citizenship journalism. hahaha

I'm a beginning teacher and sometimes, it feels a little overwhelming as I try to pick up the ropes as fast as possible so that i can fulfil my responsibilities credibly.

But I don't feel alone because all I have to do is to look at the photo and cards hung prominently above my work desk. They remind me of the wonderful staff and students I had the privilege of encountering during my practicum at Chong Boon Secondary School. They never fail to bring a smile to my face.

I may not be their teacher anymore but the memories we created together still linger in my mind. I hope that they find direction in their lives and grow up to do something they are fiercely passionate about. And who knows, perhaps our paths will cross again one day and I will be their teacher in Yishun Junior College!

All the best, chongboonitez

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home