Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Evaluate the claim that people need the arts more than the sciences.
Does religion still have a place in our scientific world today?
Should ethical concerns come second to pragmatism in science?
Instead of the pursuit of truth, science has become the pursuit of profit. Do you agree?

~~~
It's only Tuesday but I have already gone through these four questions with six groups of students. My sessions end at 4.30pm in which the staffroom will be almost emptied of staff.

I wonder why I am putting myself through this.

I could lessen the mundaneness by going through different questions but I believe there are certain huge concepts they need to have a basic grounding in.

It's a good thing that I am quite stubborn. And it helps that different groups will dissect the questions with fresh eyes, giving me stimulus to elaborate on their points.

here's hoping they are seeing how to construct better arguments...:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home