Wednesday, December 31, 2008

sang karaoke from 7.30pm to 2am. That has got to be an all-time record.

what surprised me most was how I sang *clears throat*



with gusto and real urgency and sincerity.

before you slam me for even venturing to want to sing such a cheesy song, well the last time I heard the song was when my Nepal tour guide



suddenly burst into it while we were trekking in a godforsaken place like this:



ya, I sang the Chinese version of course and was amazed at how music can transcend cultural differences. I cannot never regard this song as cheesy again because someone whom I feel glad to have interacted with likes it.

it's funny how one's opinion can drastically change so.

He mentioned something about how one ought not to visit all the touristy sites so that he would have things to look forward to the next time he returns. Interesting sentiments that I really relate to.

And as for me, I have reached the stage where it's okay even if i don't return to finish up visiting those attractions.

The world is too big for one to see all anyway. what matters most is how one holds to heart those attractions he has the good fortune to behold.

looks like my wanderlust is tempered a bit for 2008. one obvious sign that I am turning old. haha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home