one of the things I do want to remember about 2008 was how my friend asked me to help her select Chinese books on life. Her uncle was dying of cancer and wished to read such books.
"My uncle doesn't have many days left." She uttered this poignant line.
I imagined him reading his books on his hospital bed, trying to take stock of his life, come to terms with his regrets and quell his racing fear and ached for how he had to wait to die.
She later smsed me that her uncle liked the books I chose. made me feel good that I could be of help, albeit in a somewhat indirect manner.
"My uncle doesn't have many days left." She uttered this poignant line.
I imagined him reading his books on his hospital bed, trying to take stock of his life, come to terms with his regrets and quell his racing fear and ached for how he had to wait to die.
She later smsed me that her uncle liked the books I chose. made me feel good that I could be of help, albeit in a somewhat indirect manner.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home